Friday 24 January 2020

Motherfucking tooth broke

I have spent MONTHS singing praise on how well the tooth is holding up and how much I respect it and how dear it is to me and how I would rather suffer the pain than go to the dentist, risking the whole thing falling to bits if disturbed. I've managed to photograph it, stuffing the phone into my beak from various vantages, and assessed that the burning pain - as opposed to the hot heavy pain that makes it seem like it's too large for the face and is pulsating - comes either from where the filling merges into the adjacent tooth and the rot has crept underneath between them, or a small black dot on the side of one. I had the whole battle plan ready.

And this morning the tip of the crown - one out of four tips sticking out of the black filling -just breaks off and falls into the sink. I was so shocked I just stared at it a little, wondering what this could possibly mean. It didn't HURT any worse than already. I mean, it hurts. I really need to see a dentist. But why would the fucking thing just fall off? 

Looking back now, all of this began when I bit down on a shell, a walnut shell it was, I think, a bit of it in a biscuit. I remember it hurt and that's probably when both teeth - the big black molar and the small white premolar underneath it cracked. The small white one seems to be calming down. I think. Dunno. I'll deal with it some other time. The big black one, well, it looks like combined with the pressure I put into it, the rot and decay and whatever else is going on in there ... Just decided to let me know ignoring it may not be the best strategy at this point.

Not that I can, really. The edge of the filling left behind is threatening to cut the tongue. Soups and pudding for me, it seems. No blowjobs until at least Thursday. 

How much do you wanna bet the whole thing will be a disaster? That as soon as he tried to fix something, the whole tooth will fall apart and will need to be pulled and the two adjacent will need so much repair I'll go bankrupt just patching up the shards? 

Good thing I watched 1917. Half of my brain is rolling its proverbial eye, giving me the 'no please, tell me about the drama you're going through while watching a WWI movie riddled with rotting corpses' ...

0 comments: