Sunday 10 November 2019

Sooo tired

It's remarkable, this sensation of being thoroughly and utterly exhausted. In a good way. I mean, I wasn't exhausted yesterday, just needy, because I was at home alone and yearning; and tomorrow it isn't going to be a strenuous day. I may even allow for my cold to develop and deal with itself. I took five pills today - three for stomach acid and two for inflammation. 
    My hands hurt so much, now that the adrenaline has simmered down, it's almost like a burning tickling. From larger cuts to microscopic plethoras of pricks from chestnut cupules I fell onto. I fell twice - and I was only wearing one glove, clever me -  once onto rocks and roots and another time trying to slide down onto a road, managing to pinch my thumb on a broken branch. Twice is not unusual. twice is almost nothing, considering the terrain I took.
     I have a thing for walking on the extreme end of a rake, also because I enjoy getting lost, but mostly because I then allow for animals to escape the enclosure. Problem is, the furthermost ends of a line are usually the least pleasant to walk - either the forest is ending and the growth is all over, or there's a stream at the end, and the slope is muddy, rotten and viciously steep. Those are my favorite terrains. You really have to know what you're doing. You should also really wear gloves. In the beginning, I was the only one to sport them and I must have looked dumb, but now most people do. 
      We've slept in the afternoon and I took a shower and the evening was really calm, and still, at nine, I can barely keep my head from bobbing into the keyboard. Every part of me hurts, my ass hurts from falling, I have thorn pricks everywhere, places you never want to have thorn pricks, and my hands are itchy burning, tiny cuts all the way up to the elbows. They look like I've been savagely whipped by a ladybug. 

0 comments: