Friday 31 January 2020

I have this "ultimate playlist" for when we don't really want to get out of bed (I don't enjoy music indoors otherwise; only times I play it is when walking at pace or in the car). I'm not the type to really be in bed either unless the occasion calls for it, so sometimes after sex or if the General still wants to snore gently and has grabbed me and refuses to let me go, I linger, loiter and let my phone do the fiddling.

Jimmy Hendrix: All Along the Watchtower
Tom Waits: Waltzing Matilda
Simon & Garfunkel: The Boxer
Bob Dylan: One more Cup of Coffee
Leonard Cohen: You Want it Darker

... and I notice that listening to lower tones soothes me much sooner than higher when my head feels like I'm being politely beaten by a hammer. Tom Waits in his absurd baritone sooner than squeaky Bob Dylan. Mental note to add something by Nick Cave and see where that takes my discomfort. 

0 comments: