Monday 18 December 2023

December 18th ...

A remarkably calm day. I don't remember being this calm in, eh  ... circa 47 years, to be honest. Most of what I needed to do for my job had been done for the year. At least enough for some financial stability. Plenty of plans and materials for January at a ready. We went on a doggy walk in the freezing dawn and the General made an effort not to be miserable when we went shopping ... so we went shopping for simple presents. We did spend quite a bit of money, but it didn't feel like pinching pennies, as it has always felt until now. He even allowed me to buy a bunch of other things, while I made another round, looking for a Stanley thermos. I bought some T-shirts, some stamps, some food ... Almost bought a dinner plate I liked, and a book, too, but it didn't *ziiing* enough, either. The fact is, I have EVERYTHING. Literally everything. I have no more room to put cute shit that I buy. I have HUNDREDS of books I haven't opened yet. I have new clothes. New toys for the dogs. The car is running flawlessly so far. I bought G an expensive watch, and a cheap perfume he asked for, and secretly an expensive perfume I know he likes. (This took a shitload of sneaking and misdirection, because I actually needed the neighbor to receive it, using cash money I stole from his wallet over time, otherwise he would recognize the online shop and b) the mailmen would just give him the package, thinking they are doing me a favor 😅)

     In the evening, after a good lunch, I had enough courage to check out my old Karate club. I want to go there in two days for their 'wrap-up' session, but I needed a pinch of acclimatization. I stink from nervous sweat. For standing in the bleachers for ten minutes....


... Brain fog dominates me and it is so pleasant. Like sleeping in cotton. The non itchy one :D

0 comments: