Monday 20 August 2018

Aaah, the first time in AGES the General was forced to bushcraft :D And by bushcraft I mean we drove to my brother's estate where I offed to photograph a Medieval fest at a local castle and he had cushy dinner and drinks and conversations reclining in the cushy garden chairs, until late at night I joined them and he watched me set up out camp just off the cushy garden deck. So ... not exactly washed ashore in the jungle mangrove or Alaska. It was my standard setup - garbage bag base, foam, blankie, sleeping bag, mosquito net and the tarp. We were next to a small creek, so, dew galore. He didn't have the foam, and he rolled his blankie as a pillow, but by the sound of him, he fell asleep instantly. I slept much better with him near, and when I didn't, I listened to a hedgehog who came to snack on doggie biscuits one noisy crunchy biscuit at the time. (Brother's wife sets them out for it.) Half a moon was golden and the Mars was rising red.
           It was really very nice. I've gotten mostly used to it by now, the hard ground, the heightened sense of awareness, the fact you're completely wet by morning regardless of the tarp. Sex was so cute, because we tried really hard not to make noise, and kept rolling off our only foam mat, the dog occasionally lifting it's humongous head (they have a bullmastif, the nicest, cutest one I've ever met), to check what the heck is happening. Why are there strange people cotting in the garden? Why do they seem to be in an odd style of distress?.. :D

Taking the opportunity to end the 'trial run' by using the bathroom like a normal person, showering and brushing my teeth, G still slept for a few hours while the sun slowly got out and people got up, and had breakfast. (Yummy stuff, as they are amazing cooks. I ate soooo much ...) He was incredibly grumpy, 'broken' and stiff, telling everyone he will beat me later in the car for making him do this. Ahhhhh, my love my love my love, everyone knows you never do anything you don't want to do and sleeping in my tarp tent without foam mat next week, for a week, in the mountains, was your idea :D Z-Lite Therm-a-rest looking not so pricey now, is it? That's not cushy garden grass coming up, my sweet, that's pale rock and fast winds and mountain goats trying to eat out flippy floppies :D I can't fucking wait :D

0 comments: