Wednesday 12 June 2019

I can't seem to adjust to the heatwave. It came too sudden, too hard. Most of my energy goes to keeping calm and I feel down and heavy. What little ambition for adventure I may keep on the shelf, is staying there. We have very careful, slow sex and I fall asleep after every one. I sleep most afternoons and stay awake at night. The doggy walks start before five in the morning. Cold salads and ice-cream are food, coffee is ice-coffee. Showers are cool. Had to buy new sandals, my old ones fell apart. Both fans are running full speed most of the time. Then again I am one of the few people who refuse AC. I get the feeling that if invite an AC in my house, then stepping outside will fail as an option entirely. 

I got an invitation to a river hike and I've been thinking ... I want to try the hammock version. I have a wonderful hammock, though it is heavy as fuck. But. Hammock removes the need for a ground tarp, mat, blankie, the sleeping bag and pillow. It just leaves a need for a sleep blanket. Taking that into account, it may not even be a kilo heavier. I don't know. I wanna try. It may be wise to bring the top tarp along just in case of sudden rain or simply to make shadow. The one I have is battle-tested and great. Fuck I'm anxious for this heat to pass and I can start moving again. Even if all my dreams have been full of snakes lately. 

0 comments: