Monday 10 June 2019

Uu, a meta dream! Haven't had those in a while.


I don't often stack three dreams one atop of the other, but when I do, boy-o. Good times.
       None of these are fiction, they're just arranged dramatically, for the brain to make most of it's right to go crazy. Our neighbor has geese, hence those. And my dad has terminal PTSD and has been known to be violent in his sleep, so, there's that.

       In the first layer of dreams, several white geese warn me about my dad. I wake up to the mid layer - fully aware of the geese dream - and we're all next to a forest chopping wood, but dad has dozed off and in his unconscious state has confused us for some imaginary enemy: he's coming my way with a cleave. He strikes at me several times as I try to get him to snap out of it. He gets me in the side of the head and the shoulder and some other massively painful, but not really fatal places. I do my best to try to overpower him, although we are approximately the same weight and though he is much older, he's also a little stronger. Plus there's only so much you can do to a very old man to try and best him in battle without actually risking harming him. 
      The pain from the hits causes me to shut my eyes really tight, refusing to acknowledge almost certain death, which usually wakes me up, but this time it only woke me up to the third and final layer of dreams, which lingered on the border of wakefulness a little while and then slid back to a more relaxed sleep-topia. Still, I was fully aware of all three dreams and the proximity of my wakeful state the whole time. 
       Trippy. 

0 comments: