Tuesday 27 August 2019

Day 2

No arguing today! Amazing! And we had some really good sex, too, once we found out there IS a possibility of doing it in water, with masks on. Kind of like ducks, the female seems to be under constant threat of being drowned. And yet to be under, ocean before me, that golden glimmer of light on the sandy, dune raked floor, fish, shells, water licking me all over, and being sort of pushed forth insistently, slowly, surreal-y, pleasure pumped into me through one particular orifice… It was really transcendent. Building on the fantasy from last night, I imagine that’s totally how a merman would do it.

Slowly and surely my desire to paint is waking back up. I painted three landscapes of the same scene, the same view from our tiny bay, so, mostly just sky, ocean and the rim of a shoal. Tried some other stuff, didn’t quite manage. But there is marvel in how the paints (and some sand and salt, whether I want it or not) dance around the paper before they settle. When we’re not swimming or playing in the water, we’re sitting on just the edge of tide, mild waves licking our toes,G is reading his book on Foreign Legion, and I am painting. I can hardly hear the fucking screaming kids (I know I sound harsh, but man, have you ever tried to enjoy Eden and listen to the waves while a freaking toddler is screaming in horror for an hour at a time when mommy is two feet into the sea, trying to convince them it’s safe and fun… all fucking day … every day … and while two five year olds on a paddling board are screaming without pause about their actions, feelings, intentions and circumstance, so that their basking parent would be involved in their adventure… There’s a hysterical two year old somewhere, who is CONSTANTLY crying about something, really constantly. There’s some kid who screams and shouts for his mother every time she is out of eyesight, and I mean if she is two minutes late for having gone to wash her hands, he is screaming through the entirety of the camp looking for her, that she will miss dinner.

Anyhoo. People are noisy, nature is awesome. ‘Nuff said.

P.S. I know the General is consta dubious about the endless shit I purchase, regarding hiking, but somewhere along the way I bought a freaking AWESOME blankie! It got cool during the night at some point and I couldn’t go back to sleep, so I stumbled and tumbled through the camp in the dark, to get to the cottage where G sleeps, and got the hiking duvet… And it is awesome! Cushy, fluffy, great material, airy and warm, but not in a sticky, sweating kind of a way. It was great. The hammock is good, too, no freezing butt syndrome and you don’t wake up like you’ve just been through a tumble dry. I think I slept a lot better than G on that ugly old edgy makeshift cottage sofa.















0 comments: