Monday 2 September 2019

Back home

So, the last day was spent packing (not that there was that much to pack, but the process itself is a mental ordeal) and playing frisbee in the shallow waters. At first, I was terribly pissed for having kicked the sand into the paint while trying to rescue it from a rogue wave, but General started acting such a fool I couldn’t but laugh and then we literally exhausted ourselves laughing, tossing the stupid cheap thing which flew every which way but as aimed.
I was so hungry that I made an omelet of bacon and five eggs and instead of splitting it, I ate everything in one awful sweep, meanwhile, the poor idiot was waiting for me, sitting in the sun for well over an hour and is now approximately the color of an apricot. So we played some frisbee :D
After we packed and took most of the stuff to the car, we went swimming one more time, hugging and playing and hugging and kissing and some more frisbee and then just hugging and watching the sunset. Oddly enough, this has cooled my body down to an odd sense of being cold, so, waking up in the middle of the night in my hammock, having dreamed everything is frozen and there are polar bears, I had to zip up my sleeping bag to the gills, freezing. Mind, I normally sleep in shorts and a tank top, and the night was no cooler. Just weird.
We started early, driving down to the ferry dock, basking and solving crossword puzzles. I had two coffees on the drive over to the border and then finally began to nag I also need food. Truth is, the General, as all Aries, only sees one goal at a time and he only saw the end of our destination - home - so he did not eat, did not drink and for almost six hours he hardly stretched his legs. This inevitably makes him increasingly cranky, so I know by now to enforce breaks. We chose a good restaurant, too, and had a 2-person plate of meats and side dishes, pumpkins and kale salad, it was delicious. I also asked for a Greek-style trio of deserts, and it was amazing. Only minus side is that the Greek version of the balaclava is dipped with lemon juice and that just kills me. My mouth really hurt. Amazing how something can hurt so much without actually causing any real damage (just micro-cracks.). Once we arrived home, the storms finally followed, shaking and rocking the city, and my computer died as soon as I started it. The world is back to normal :D

Rab Cake - their official cake. This shit is actually REALLY good!

Alien invasion. 



0 comments: