Sunday 22 September 2019

Okay, so how eco friendly AM I?, really? ...

Everyone knows I don't believe in man-made climate change or don't care about change or think nature is in trouble and the reasons for these controversial not-running-after-band-wagon opinions are: climate is changing all the time and always will; change is a good thing, it's called evolution in some circles, or revolution, depending on how radical, and it happens all the time; all of creation, from forests to oceans to mountains to the moon will be here LONG after we fuck up. The sooner we fuck up, the better off nature will be. And don't tell me to think about our grandchildren, because the entitled little shits would burn down the entirety of the fucking Amazon forest for a chance of winning the new iPhone, so, really, fuck those little parasites.

However. The other day I got into a heated argument with a nephew, when he set to kill a house spider. I told him why he would do that, the little thing was scared to death when I setb it free from a jar. He said it's just a shitty spider. I said don't you belong to a shitty religion that preaches nothing but mercy and compassion? So where is it? The family said; how dare you. You just are chicken! I said - oh, you were going to EAT it? Oh, okay then ...

 And so we are at some nature savior protest day or something. And it got me to think. AM I environmentally conscious? Even though I've seen nations in billions treat the planet like a garbage dump and know no Instagram model showing of how she produces NO garbage ever will change the fact crypto-currency miners alone cause so much emission they are putting all the burping cows to shame?

Let's see. I don't have a car. I use a bike or walk or ride a train. I drive the car maybe once a month and usually very shorty.
I very rarely use plastic shopping bags, I use mostly bag-for-life, paper or just my backpack.
Half of the food I eat comes from our farm or our garden. Not saying it's 100% bio, but it is homegrown. The rest is shit like ice-cream, chocolate, coke, bread, and lactose-free milk.
We don't throw food away, ever. Even the bits we don't consume, the dog eats that.
I don't recycle, strictly speaking, or separate my trash, but my trash is mostly paper tissues, snack wrap and kitty litter.
In our household, we rarely cook, rarely wash the clothes and rarely heat anything. It's just that I have a huge washer and only wash everything every two weeks or so using a spoon of detergent, the food we make is usually for more than one day and the water heater for showers has been broken for over a year and we just CBA fixing it, because we've learned how to shower with half a bucked of lukewarm rinse.
We buy one smartphone every two years. This means I get the old one and the kid gets my old old one. We haven't turned the TV on for a decade. All the bulbs in the house are dim and economic.
Yes, I am married to a hunter, but I eat very little meat. We also don't use any sugar in our cooking and sometimes barely any salt. We grow our own hot peppers.
I buy very cheap, local clothes that I wear for years until they fall to rags, I keep all glassware to put buttons in it (jam is homemade) and I don't use soap or shampoo (my hair is crew-cut short and the water is very clean, no need for more chemicals on my skin.). I use a lunar cup for my period.

So ... All in all, I'm not quite vegan, but I rarely eat meat; I am not quite eco-friendly, but I don't pollute and I respect nature, life and sanctity of not imposing myself on other living things above everything. I keep bees, eat lots of oatmeal and eat organic fruit only. Just don't tell anyone. 

0 comments: