Monday 19 October 2020

I'm in love. He's been dead for about a 100 year or something, and albeit I am categorically against men wearing make-up unless they are a thoroughly-body-shaved Arnold Vosloo in a gold loincloth coming down a dune in a swagger, I am making exceptions these days. His name was Connie, he was a silent movies actor, German, I think, and he is magnificent. He's just as striking as Klaus Kinski, just not quite as psychotic, and he's utilised masterfully in some of the early horror flicks - when I say early, I mean the first. I need to implement some of the Dr. Caligari and Man Who Laughs scenes into the garden nightmare where Morphei and Kay confront one another. I think if Morpheus looked like that, I'd shit myself. Damn, but Germans made good movies once, a long long time ago ...







Plus you can't tell me that dude wasn't gay. I know a gay boy German ballet dancer in tragic makeup and tight black costume when I see one. 


0 comments: