Sunday 28 February 2021

That one time I tried to buy myself a house plant and couldn't even tell it's plastic ...

 ... In my defence, succulents always look plastic, even when they're not. 


'Tis the season, sunny Sunday, when I finally managed to get my bike back - 'it's been parked on G's parents' farm thorough winter. So there I am, pumping uphill, awakening muscles long dormant, when I spot a dark SUV parked in the forest not too far from a road. Inside a scary-looking man and a confused-looking dog. The general had literally driven and parked halfway my route to make sure I'm okay. (I was okay, just thirsty.)


Honestly, that man. I told him the other day that should I suddenly die, he must understand since I knew him, he's kept me impossibly safe, free, happy, satisfied and he's bought me everything I could possibly ever want: look, look at this. I mentioned I want to carve my own kuksa cup and he bought me a set of Morakniv chisels for whittling! I've started practising right away, on a spoon of course. My sister cut down most of the trees around mum's house, so I had plenty of almost dry reddish plum and cherry stumps to grab from. And yes, before you ask, I did manage to stab myself in the hand within the first fifteen minutes :D 

Slowly starting to look like a spoon :D


0 comments: