Wednesday 22 September 2021

 Back in the capital for a few days, though hiding mostly, chilling. It's harvest season, so everyone is edgy and I didn't want to share the burden, getting blamed for all kinds of things I had no control over. I just fled and promised to return Saturday, when the brunt of the picking is supposed to occur. The picking is fine, I actually enjoy it. It's the chaos surrounding the grapes themselves that exhaust me. We told mum not to waste all her energy on making food for 150 people, when only six of us are going to be there, and she agreed to just grab some ready-made catering plates and make some easy dessert. Yet, two days later, she was going on and on about how she needs help preparing over a dozen dishes, roasts and dough-wrapped tenderloins and five complicated desserts and all kinds of snacks, favours and drinks. She told me to stop bitching, because this is one of the few joys she has in her life. Meanwhile, as G and R and I were picking the early crates on Tuesday, my sister decided to re-paint the dog house. 


So, yea. I just fled. Fuck 'em. 


G housebound me a bit, as the city is scheduled for another riot, following up on the last Wednesday's protests against the mandatory vaccinations and the idiotic rules regarding it. Those rules were up for about a day - needing the proof to get gas and whatnot.. But yesterday a new rule came into effect, putting g and I back on the spot: suddenly it is no longer good enough to get one dose if you've already had the virus - now we need two and are forced to get tested on our own expense for the next three weeks. 


The best part is, that the medical side of the legislation-makers is slightly confused about whose idea this is supposed to be. Not theirs. The politicians say it is. Nobody is giving the people any answers on what the fuck is going on. I can tell everyone is fed up with this bullshit, because nobody is checking my proof code, when I go shopping, even though I show it to everyone. Everyone just hates this shit. 


I am tempted to join the riots and puke on someone in charge. I imagine they are watching from a balcony and think it's funny. 

0 comments: