Friday 14 January 2022

Sunny and distracted

The sun's been up for three days. I don't mean 24/7, I mean for a change, the days are sunny. Cold AF, but sunny. I've been watching a LOT of funny doggy and kitten and pet goat and hamster videos, which has me dreaming all the usual depressing stuff, but also a lot of cute kittens and funny goats. I heard that accumulating happy thoughts at random, just recognising nice things all around, helps. My brain still finds three ugly things for every nice thing, but, you know. It could hardly be worse, in my wintery night.


I've published some more stuff, getting positive results, and with a little luck, I'm finally getting another camera - not super 100% new, but new enough, and a grand cheaper, if all goes well. So that's half of the half-realisable goals for 2021 done, leaving just the lens and the tidbits (cards, batteries, adapters...). Today was a fun day, we had three errands/obligations and they were all cool. First, we drove to the G's old town clinic, because they have a vaccination special and we expected there to be hundreds of people like in the city, but we were completely alone. He had a dentist's appointment an hour later, so we offed to the town's only cafe to see what happened there in the two years that we've been ignoring it... They renovated, very nicely, the tea was excellent, the cake was good and the lady working there was ... not the sharpest tool in the shed, but very lovely, friendly and warm and polite. I changed my review back to five stars because of her. I even saw a man writing a hand-written letter. Obviously, my brain suggested this must surely be a suicide note, or a hasty letter of a father who abused his daughter and is now desperately trying to communicate... but a handwritten letter nonetheless. More like a note. But a long one. 


I got some good food in the 'almost expired' box in my street store, some nice pies and vegan wraps and sammiches. (I'm not stingy, I'm just not paying 4 bucks for five leaves of salad with an olive on it. Plus, you know how much I like mould.) So, now well fed and wattered, with a cheerful street beneath me and a stiff, sore arm, I'm back to editing. I have eleven more swatches to paint, shoot, today or tomorrow, and nine shot to edit and post, today. And this is just from the warming-up phase of the batch. What a difference some sun makes. On the gloomy days, all I do is read bad news and worry about poverty,  disease and injury. there are not enough cilantro tacos and funny kitten videos to colour me up on those days. 

0 comments: