Thursday 28 February 2019

I was so tired during work today a truck could have hit me and I wouldn't care. My cash register kept glitching, so I had to keep calling for my manager to come and approve of steps taken to restore the program (sometimes the cables came loose, sometimes it just froze, sometimes it wouldn't acknowledge the drawer's been shut and would not allow me to continue ... The usual crap, just unusually accumulated.) The overseer came to the shop four times. There were serious speeches all around, but I was absent from all of them, being behind the main register. The last time she came, she informed me I've recently had a 'test' buy and one of the customers was, in fact, working for her. I should have fainted or something, I duuno, but I just said I don't honestly care, I am so tired I have no answers for her and if I did something wrong it wasn't because I wanted to but because we're being over-worked and relentlessly criticized and belittled. But as it were, I haven't done much of anything wrong, I found the scarf he hid in one of the gift boxes, I charged everything properly, not because I particularly worried, but because it's just routine. He was, for example, told to purchase two exactly same scrunchies, but which had two different sales codes. Normally people would just mark x2 and scan one, but I tend to just pick objects out of the shopping basket one by one and scan them, I very rarely multiply. Even then I normally check for codes. I don't know why; it's just how they showed me the first day and I never had the mental motivation to alter their instruction. Whether or not this was another of the demeaning routines or they were actually trying to catch me at fault, I honestly couldn't care less. They are pushing so badly, sooner or later something will snap. Because their bullshit is transparent - someone comes and says the shop is lovely, we're doing a good job, the next day someone above them comes and says it's garbage and someone will be fired and then, as a result, everyone is saying it's garbage. Ye. There are almost as many people over-seeing as there are people working and those whose job is to over-see - and it is a sweet, well-paid job - must pretend they have a reason to be paid so well. We know. It's just not quite so very funny anymore. 

0 comments: