Friday 1 February 2019

Wild Wild Country


Trying to watch the documentary about an Oregon cult farm ... But it's just too messed up. I actually saw quite a few really good docs and some that were said to be great but were not bad, and I skipped some bad ones, starting with Shane Dawson's Tanacon shitshow explanation (he later made a series about Jake Paul, but that was really bad, basically just bullshit clickbait allegations and looking into the camera all the time with an utterly shocked/appalled expression, regardless of what the scene in the footage was about). Then I watched Won't You be my Neighbour, RBG, American vandal Season 2, a couple of Fyre docs and a bunch of stuff on YouTube about random famous people. All of that stuff was really cool. Especially wide shots of nice places, before and after. I only don't like it when shitty people do shitty things and get away with it. That unnerves me and leaves me angry.

I think people hate cults for two reasons. One - how can people be so utterly retarded as to behave like that, I will never understand. You are grown men and women, for crying out loud, and that's how you behave? Listen to shit like that, talk shit like that, act that way and not be ashamed of yourselves? Ye, cultists prey on rich, miserable people, there's never a shortage of those. But are you fucking kidding me? 

And mostly, the main reason, is because cultists can go from quirky/vegan to full-blown homicidal/suicidal lunatics on a whim of their two-faced profiteering leaders. Leaders run away in their private jets, whereas a bunch of freaks in uniformed dresses kill themselves and all their children. Every religion does terrible, terrible things and everyone knows them and does nothing about it. Cults are that much worse because they rub it in everyone's face, bragging: "there's nothing anyone can do about it. It's our right to act like crazies, because we're rich and miserable!" 

0 comments: