Sunday 29 December 2019

And so the hunting season is over. I won't see the huntsman for another 11 months, but at least until now the dreams have subsided. Funny, innit, what pure and noble men my brain pursues - had he been the type to cheat on his beloved wife and thus present me with an opening, I would never in a thousand years favor him so. Such is my complex for knights of infinite resignation. And get this. He's a Sagittarius. An archer. Of course he is. The only sign more stubborn than Aries. 

Today's hunt began atop a ridge and going southwards, to the station G and I used on Thursday (I wasn't dressed for that station and having sex in a frozen wooden tower only makes you warm for about five minutes. Mental note to always carry warm tea, always, everywhere.) It was a heck of a terrain, way down and way up and over thorn and through an impossible cobweb of very young beech trees. It was long, too. I got lost twice, but nobody bothered to call for me, so I just wandered around and played in the swampy gorge. Supposedly the General could see me the whole last while, even phoning me to pause me when others circled a boar (utterly unsuccessfully - we had a feast later, but feasted on a domesticated piglet. What irony is that. I didn't eat it, I just ate cookies.) and at some point I climbed back out of the gorge to look for him, but got distracted by a pretty clearing and wandered in the wrong direction. He said he waved his signal flag at me. No idea. Either I am getting fucked for sight or I just wanted to be alone. 

On the minus side, my second favorite mug is cracking and starting to leak. I think I should give it a Viking funeral. 

Two more days to make the target sale - I mean the yearly target I set for myself. ALMOST. But I am not complaining, for a thorough freaking amateur, this could have gone a lot worse. I just need to invest some strategy in it.

  I set: 50 reviews, 160 sales, 211 times shop favorited
I met: 59 reviews, 159 sales, 234 times shop favorited

...
  Shall we set something for 2020? Mm? Let's set something wild.

300 reviews, 500 sales and a 1000 times shop favorited? I'll let you know? :D :D

0 comments: