Wednesday 4 December 2019

It is no wonder people fear confrontation. I mean, not fear as one fears being hit by a bus, or the dog getting poisoned by crazy neighbours, but being put in a shitty situation by overwhelming, entitled people who are not used to being told no, thank you. There are only two possible outcomes. If you are me. One: you do what you are told to do and you feel miserable and frustrated and are in a situation where you are going to waste time and money accommodating someone. Two: you don't do what you are told and you are forever subjected to emotional blackmailing, rudeness, threats and overall negative energy from them for the rest of all times. 
      Of course, I am choosing two, I am no-one's bitch and far too old to be told to do something I don't want to do. The problem is, I haven't the option to just CBA. I do feel both of them, heavily. When I really don't want to be. I am minding entirely my own business out here, living detached, quiet, politically correct existence, and this gives some people an odd idea that I am pliable. Because we are friendly and we mow the communal lawn and shovel the snow off the parking lot a few times per winter. That for some reason I OWE people something when they ask it of me. If it were up to me, I would just shut myself further in and weather the dirty looks until finally, we move. General is more negotiatory in nature. But not because he is the sort of a person to try and accommodate everybody. Heck no. It is his most cruel mental weapon. After the negotiation people not only feel like their arguments have been proven porous, but he thus has the ammo to claim there WAS a negotiation and albeit he was willing to come to a middle ground, no middle ground was reached. 

Either way. I look forward to a day we have NO neighbors. None. For miles and eons. 

0 comments: