Wednesday 19 August 2020

 Rode a morning train today to the adjacent valley, to undergo lessons in archaeological sketching. I've forgotten how cute that ride is, with the tiny feisty rivers and the gorge between them, and then at the end a large thermal power-plant, surrounded by heaps of brown coal from the local mine. The lessons took place in the fifth story of a residential building, offering me a view of the towns, the storm behind them and the castles on the hills. On the way back I saw a really neat formation of a tiny homestead, which I should probably sketch. As for the lessons - precision and consistency will certainly need to be reinvented on my part, I need some tools and above all, I should probably stop thinking that all that is a lot easier done using illustrator and photoshop. 


Wrote a tiny poem. Bought some books and stuff. Tomorrow should really be spent sending off shipments. I have to post new stuff on IG and in the shop, and then make use of the 9000 watercolours I own and four tons of paper, because I saw cute pastel chalk and thought, hm, haven't used pastels in a while and the General almost killed me. 

0 comments: