Thursday 27 August 2020

Birthday notes

I am sooo behind with everything I want to say. We're off to a vacation, so a thousand things need to be done and I won't even manage to get half of them through, let alone a proper journal entry.

As always, my birthday was awesome and calm. There was no real party, just a chill family picnic (one balloon, store-bought cake, charcoal-done BBQ...) on a flawless day, and bits of fore-and-after-shocks in the form of all the shit I bought myself, things G made me, our cafeteria meal (I like the shopping mall cafeteria and I love going there on special occasions), a big book mum and dad bought, Instax film coupon from sis, a huge tip from one of my clients, and last but not least:

the crazy gals I've been hanging out with threw me a mini surprise party!! This happened on Tuesday as I was off to get some more archaeology sketch lessons and after a few hours (had to catch the 5:20 train to get there in the bright morning), the bell rings and in comes the third of our trio, with a lap full of mini cakes from the best chocolate shop ever! And then, after I almost cried, they gave me each a prezzie: a miniature knit fox cub for my sleeping fox in a box, and felted baby Hermes!!! I will make some pickies to demonstrate the wonders these things are, because ... really? Foxes and Hermes? I should be a world traveller with all these charms, although perhaps instead now my paints travel, while I order online and the world comes to me... :))

The cutest moment, if the most violent one, was in the middle of the night on Monday, as I climbed up to bed where G was sleeping. Some background/reminders: our bed is elevated and we have two mattresses, so there is a bit of a ditch between the base and wall, where I sleep, because I cool myself against the wall. G goes to sleep a lot earlier and he sleeps on the other side - it's still far too hot for regular sex, waaaaay too hot for any kind of touching. So I climb up, see him turned away on his end, I dig myself into my ditch - it's about 2 in the morning - and start to yawn, my eyes still not accustomed to the darkness, when something huge and black reaches over me ... and I smack it in the head, letting out a scream ... 

An insulted little voice mumbles: Happy birthday, my love ... as the General turns away and retreats back to his end miserably, like a kicked puppy.

I was so sorry I almost peed myself laughing. If the poor sod came for some romance or a pretty pretty kiss, and got beaten up instead ... Oh, my poor G. My poor G, how you probably shouldn't soundlessly climb over someone who hasn't slept since forever :)))))


0 comments: