Friday 7 August 2020

Forest at night

What odd people G and I are ... He would go hunting in the middle of the night and, in the middle of the night he would drive me to a forest of my choosing on the way, drop me off, in the middle of the fog, kiss me and say: Go do your thing. (Fog is problematic in the woods, as it completely cuts off any relying on hearing. And 'seeing' at night in the woods in fog is, well, not happening. So basically all I do is just 'be'. That's all you can do. BE in the forest, in the fog, in the middle of the night. 

I am wearing bright orange just in case some similar idiot shoots me. 

Am using a rattle to announce my presence, so some equally inept beast doesn't get startled and incidentally runs into me. I would probably shit myself and I don't want that; I just bought these pants.

    Only downside is, my feet are almost instantly soaked. Everything is wet, the forest ground in grassy mossy patches is bog. Thorough lack of edible mushrooms, though. Pity. Tons of puffballs.














0 comments: