Friday 18 September 2020

Lagging behind, I know, I know ...

Have I ever mentioned how freaked out I am by K-Pop bands? I'm sure I must have. Luckily the algorithms rarely bring them up, but I get physically repulsed by seeing a K-Pop boy band. Something in my brain - a brain which would otherwise ADORE a hot Asian youngster of any gender - just fails to comprehend what it's seeing ... A band of cloned mannequins without any individual feats, all in makeup, looking like 9-year old girls, thin as if they've never been fed since they got off the tit and moving in this weird, sideways way, like a broken gyroscope, often in synch. It's just ... Too much plastic on a human? Too much nothingness in a theatre? The notoriety of their psychotic fans? The fame gained for an absolutely abhorrent, instantly forgettable product? Dunno, I can't pinpoint it. 

I know I thought of them today when we were leaving a grocery store, a heavy bag full of shitty delicious food which I love and is just really unhealthy (maybe one salad in the whole bag), and there was a young man sitting outside, begging with a paper cup ... I know him to be there often and he, other than being probably ill in four or five different ways and severely addicted to cheap stuff, would have been young and handsome in another life, even a little bit of a rascal. We've established he doesn't mind me buying him protein bars and natural juice extracts and the like. The General usually just gives him money. But we decided to also buy him a cheese burek, and handing the little bag to him, I said: I am sorry, we didn't know whether you are vegan or not.

The look on the man's face. A man, filthy and diseased, who could have been a K-Pop creature a decade of substance abuse ago. Like he hasn't had anyone consider him human in so long, he had no idea how to react. 

Anyway. I shot Drej by an overcast lake yesterday, having another photographer there to ensure Drej gets 'shiny glorious' profile pics, as I tend to do the 'gloomy bitch' pics more often than not. Ironically, when the other photie's turn to shoot was and I was the one holding the shiny thingie, I took some over-lit closeups and that's the exact one Drej selected. 





.. and the photie:

    






0 comments: