Saturday 14 November 2020

My tummy aches. I've not bee eating properly - protein bars and some spicy street food last night - as dad had to go to the ER, again and again, that is a seven-hour ordeal. Even if I come prepared and G brought me a power bank and some more protein bars, it's still a tedious mess. Most of the hospital is Covid occupied - it's actually rather freaky when they have to transport a Covid patient though the general part of the hospital for some reason, like a CT scan or something, the staff look scary and they have their own security to move people out of the way. The ER was moved to paediatrics admittance ward, which made them move not an iota faster. six pairs of people sat there, waiting, miserably, for gods know what. 'Your paperwork is being done'. It's past seven. We arrived at quarter to two. Dad was in fairly good spirits, as he wasn't in any pain anymore, though his legs look horrific and are leaking all kinds of impossible things. We actually chatted all kinds of pleasant things, some stories, some memories, some summaries of documentaries we've watched or YouTube clips. It's always so awful when they take him away, such a mess. But hopefully, they find some balm or magic pill and help him. 

         The cutest moment was when I offered to give him a protein bar and he asked if the vendor has any meat. No, alas, no ribs or steaks or T-bones in this vendor. (Awesome fucking vendor, though, I must say.) Eff off with your fruity protein bars, that's not food. Hah! But then I gave him one and for a man with no teeth, he sniffed that bar. He said: now that I've had a mean, I will probably fall asleep. "Good, do sleep, the time will pass faster, I said. He replied: Okay, now I've slept, can I have another fruity protein bar?" :D :D :D

         I made an effort to find those with least fruity sugars and most calories. He ate three. telling him that's almost a 1000 calories he just input mattered little, as it's the volume which counts with him, not value. The General has recently invested into vitamins - something I am usually not a fan of, supplement - because he discussed with people who probably know this shit, how food lately is actually truly poor in D3 and Vit C and so on, so getting some B complex, Zinc and Magnesium won't hurt, but may help a little. Prophetically, I also traded some acid-soothing and digestive enzimes from my My, so today, feeling like there's a rock in my gut, I get to down more capsules than an old junky in a loony bin. 


Thinking about awful things doesn't help one bit and it will just make me sick again. It's best to focus on getting some magazines, crossword puzzles and a phone to dad, in an evidence bag, possibly hurling it tied to a brick and through a third-story window. It almost worked the last time. Damn, we have so many stories taking place in that damn building. Here's to praying to serpents and wine gods that we generate many more. 

0 comments: