Tuesday 20 April 2021

I will admit the car is intimidating. It's a beast. Not that I ever feel at ease driving anything, but that's not for my fear of the road, it's for fear of other people. Almost every accident or incident I've ever gotten into was due to others. The momentum of this machine is tremendous - you wouldn't even notice if you hit anything or anyone smaller than another car. (Thank the fuck for all the cameras, because you seriously can't see anything otherwise.) Plus it really wants to move - used to the stick, I forget sometimes that it will start rolling as soon as I take my foot off the brake. My left foot still hits the spot where gear pedal would be, every time I have to break suddenly. 
            The argument we had with G, him having confiscated the car in a super masculine way, not even considering I might be the one to drive it to the shop for finishing touches, reached G a little - he had to admit it's taken me 20 minutes what took him three days to get used to. This is not the first time I have to 'fake it till you make it' in front of him. Besides. I feel nervous driving anything, like I said. I was just as nervous in the old car. I'm as nervous as I was when I first started driving. For all my faith in Hermes to watch my ass, our asses, machines have never been my strong suit. I'm a creature of dirt, not air. This car is a wind ship, not a plough. 
            Not to mention it looks really pretty and both of us dread who will be the first to scratch it. Now that I know how cheap cars are, I've seriously considered getting myself a tiny satellite. Pity I only need to drive, like, once a month. Might be adorbz otherwise :D I miss Starbark - two more days before we get the hardtop, so she can tag along in the back. 

0 comments: