Thursday 1 April 2021

Today was an unusually pleasant grocery-shopping evening. Can't really explain why, but I am feeling unusually pleasant. The days have been lovely - warm, bordering on hot, and I spent almost all of it uphill, entertaining mum who has taken the first dose of the vaccine and is having anxiety and depression spells - yesterday I've been carving for almost six hours while telling her everything from the plot of Tenet to my latest anthropological discoveries, from how it was to shoot rare archaeo finds the other day to what kind of car are we considering (as this one is great, just very old.) 


Today we went up to tend to bees while I watered all of the baby plants we've planted - the 'soil', and I am being very generous here - he so dry it's practically dust when you kick it, stone if you don't. Then G went to work and I returned to chat with mum while carving - I have a blister on my thumb, but I am getting a lot better at it - and then sis with her mate joined. I ordered us some Mexican food, using a spoon and bringing my own plate as a statement to how sis feeds dogs from human plates to spite me. She offered another pearl today, claiming human crew is in the orbit of Mars, overseeing Perseverance. Third pearl this week. At least this once I said to google it and show me and still she failed to comprehend she's brutally lacking in education on the subject. (After complaining COVID swabs are performed by volunteers when it should have been by doctors, because it's dangerous to poke around the brain like that... and that currents and twister eddies in Suez channel were what off-set the ship, as there are 'only 5 meters on each side for ships to go through'. I tried to argue I spent half a year on a boat which cruised channels, but that was not of any merit to her absolute conviction. 


They set to build one of the dogs a sofa-hut, which turned out awesome, but this made the dogs too excited. I set my hammock to nap after lunch, which was just not happening. One of the dogs even ran into me, thinking maybe I was just a curtain, almost knocking me off, then barked at me furiously. I returned to carving and later, wearing only a T-shirt and pants (as opposed to the usual three layers until now), closed the bee vents, walked down and got home just as it got dark. G asked for some bacon and bread for his omelette dinner, but I missed the corner store, so I took one of his cards, put on some music and offed to shop at the larger store a few minutes away, opened until nine. And it was SO calm. Dog was at home, so no worry anyone will snatch it. G was at work, so no need to worry he's waiting in the car. Almost no people, I had no needs or desires, trying to grab something before anyone else does. I even made two rounds around the shop with the cart, which so rarely happens. NO hurry at all, none. No mission, no list, nothing. Just a little bit of a permitted budget and some appetite. Hot noons inspire me to yearn ice-cream, so I bought some coffee ice-cream and some whipped cream. The rest was just random snacks and some protein bars, some yummies for G and the mutt. 


Can't remember when I was last in a store and didn't feel bad, for one reason or another. How about that?  

0 comments: