Thursday 8 April 2021

Weird fucking happenstance on Etsy - a customer was said to purchase several of the larger sets, and yet the site froze - she was charged on her card, but the items didn't show sold - not until later, when someone else purchased some of them. So, one set is entirely missing, two sold and the customer was charged for an amount I had nothing to do with. Creepy indeed. Not the first time the site collapsed or the only time I hear of such glitches, but still freaky. Not the kind of money I would easily pull out of my sock to refund for something I had no fault in. 


I was going to list and promote several other sets, which I now dare not to, so I'll just go watch a simple movie and sleep. The General wants me in the parking lot at 6:30, and I need an hour to get there, so an early night.  Poor dog won't know what she did wrong when I drag her along :'D


There were several phone calls I made all on my own today, I have to say this! To strangers! Even though I'm freaked out by how blatantly car salesmen lie to people's faces. Thing is, at the top of our wish list, is a rare car - only one of those cars is said to arrive in the country at the end of next month. We both like it, but it's not the ONLY car on our list, so I called around, pretending to question engines and differentials, extra gear and wheel height, and so on. And, of course, the colour. I could not care less how many different surfaces the car is programmed to overcome, if I don't like the colour. That is my no.1 demand. The General has far more practical requirements. Now we just have to find a damn truck that cuts down the middle of our desires. 


Weather-wise, we had detrimental cold spells - some awful damage to the wood in bloom, there probably won't be any cherries this year. I've wrapped all of our baby plants in plant-blankie thingies, which saved most, I think. Only one tree broke under its weight in snow, yet when we went to check on it today, the leaves were still fine: we've literally created a brace for it, using a bandage and grafting sap usually applied when turning fruit tree into a fruitier tree. Maybe it'll just ignore the fact it split completely? After all, when their branches get cut, I always stick those into the ground and more often than not, they decide they can be trees some day, also :D 

0 comments: