Wednesday 26 May 2021

 LOL, I feel like I'm turning into a cat - I just received a monthly dose of vintage stickers, but you should see the adorable sleeve folder it arrived into! The packaging was almost more exciting than the goodies! :D


In other news, I am almost done with the Summer batch (I think it's 12. No idea. Too overwhelmed with work.) and it was a doozy. Over 100 original paints, three huge sets, several granulating extras, three sets of trinkets and that's just the first output - sets and adventure sets will come much later! Plus, of course, a lot of old primaries, and I have some more pigment to make them, but I'm running out of stamina. I have to make the final fillings on these, several freaking huge trays of 'em, and then make their swatches. I hope I don't run out of paper. I bought all of the paper of that fav sort in the land. Not to mention we are almost out of money. I've taken a month longer than I thought I would. But at least for now, I should be well set until August. Oooh, the yummy paints!!


Oh, did I mention, I had another tick the size of a labrador - it burrowed into the front calf and it felt like someone is pinching the bone. I made the mistake of googling what tick jaws actually look like. Between that and zombie movies with fuckable antagonists, this was another unpleasant parasite encounter. namely, the second time the damage done literally turns into a bruise. Okay, the first one was on my tummy and tummy skin is thin. Fine. But lower leg?? It HURT having it pulled, it took a while and the damn thing caused freaking vascular damage. What happened to all those ticks you barely noticed and left but a mosquito bite? I had thousands, they were but a nuisance as one worries about deseases. But these are getting freaking ridiculous. 


It's still raining all the time. We have no opportunity to mow the vineyard and the bees have nothing to eat. We have to feed them all the time. Other than that they are adorable. Busy bees. All but one hive are really pleasant to inspect. The satanic one is as satanic as ever. I have to make sure G doesn't make duplicates out of that one. They have a temper like a kicked wasps nest. 

0 comments: