Saturday 16 October 2021

Revenge of the coffee high

 Uuu, coffee is having its sweet vengeance upon me - four days of abstinence through, the headaches are almost unbearable - and I meant that AFTER I take quite a few painkillers. It's starting to feel more like a migraine than a minor withdrawal effect. Supposedly the symptoms should last between two days and nine and, knowing my luck, we'll be pushing on eleven. It's the morning of day 5 now. I'm downing my masala-chicory mug, which does not thing to help my misery. I do miss you, my beloved coffee, but you weren't nice to me, you made me irritable and nervous. You were smooth and gentle and fine on the lips, but you made me bitchy. (Well, bitcihyer.) Chicory is like getting kicked in the mouth by a horse by comparison. But better for the soul.

0 comments: