Monday 13 December 2021

Ex Machina movie ... cleaning lady?

From time to time I watch bits of Ex Machina - I've never seen the whole movie start to finish and there are parts I've never seen, it's just too uncomfortable. It's a great movie, love the messages, but there is one thing that's been bothering me from start to finish of every scene, every time I watch it. 


That dude lives alone ... In a house the size of a hospital. He turns iPhones into sexbots. Which are clumsy. He's a drunk and kinda dismissive. And yet ... the entirety of his home is beyond spotless. Like, clinical. Every window, every step, every table, every glass, every sink, every shower, every bed is spotless. So, who cleans the place? Because, trust me. There is no empty hotel in creation that would stay this clean after a week. Glass walls that would look that clean after a rainfall, yet alone relentless deposit of mist from a waterfall. And even if he has a horde of roombas, those don't clean shelves and tables. And he certainly didn't look like someone who would spend two days of the week with a mop and a bucket. 







0 comments: