Sunday 5 December 2021

Mini weekend of low and gloom

The week so far has been too much work and too much tension and so when Professor's request to cat-sit for two days came out of the blue, I was, like, oh, gods, yes, please, I need to log out. And so, for the first time since... ever, I packed nought but the phone charger, extra socks and a toothbrush, and switched towns to ... not exist. The universe seems to appreciate this, as in the first hour I came upon a book I couldn't stop reading until I got home earlier: Pavla Horakova's Theory of Strangeness. What a revelation these new wave female authors of the eastern Europe pool are... Following my Olga, who came and conquered the literature world like a warm fragrant wind, here is another magnificent author. I even sent a DM to the translator for doing an exemplary job. I'm sure she gets it plenty, but I just needed to share my gratitude :))

0 comments: