Friday 14 July 2017

And so it was that after a long slow day G walked me to the station and we chatted about trains and sex and trains and love and food and trains for almost an hour (track renovation causing delays), then he waited until we moved on and returned to the normal world whereas I rode out in search of, well, a monastic version of our capital in the summer.
On the train ride, just as the night was crawling out of the wilderness to have its way with us all, (and the entirety of the train evacuated at Laško, where the Beer fest is happening...) I saw a girl who instantly attracted me, for she had rich black hair in a braid, weaved through with strains of long white hairs - something I find deeply appealing in young people. It suggests their worry of the world, or something.
My nose for the kind, I engaged her in a conversation and of course we ended up talking YouTube and global politics :D She and her sis then drove me to my address and the day ended perfectly. I was tired, so I passed out early, and for the first time in weeks it got so cool during the wee hours I actually had to find myself a cover. In the morning a small dog howling and yapping so insistently woke me, the inertia of Starbark whining when I don't take her out early enough, almost had me take the cat down for a loo. As I am abstaining from coffee momentarily, he brain takes a little longer to pick up on things...
The plan is to finish the last chapter of Goose, but as I am on a borrowed laptop, we'll see how that goes ...I require a certain small element of familiarity to completely dive into creativity, so, although I came well prepared, movies and shows and books and all... we'll see :) Eight days to go...

0 comments: