Thursday 3 May 2018

Weighting my current, existing gear:
Backpack - 980 g
Tarp - 350 g
(* stakes - ?? )
Cords - around 150 g
Towel(s) - 145 g
Bug net - 170 g
.. can't find my sleeping bag, so will take a blankie and a husband to keep me warm. Blankie is around 200 g and the small sleeping bag around 300 ...

I've tested some set-ups, letting dogs play in it to see what it can take. I only garden-pitched it, in perfect weather, so this isn't a proper trial run yet in any sense ...





This is a 'half flap' two poles sunny windless set-up that can come with the big net if need be. I don't know yet how much the bugs will bother me...








Comfy, actually. I can make it a lot bigger, but small suits me just fine.

And this is for the rainy days, but I have to add some loops to the tarp or some poles beneath it, otherwise it'll become a basin and a very unpleasant morning shower.




...

0 comments: