Sunday 11 November 2018

Nicotine makes addicts

I heard sth fairly interesting the other day, in some debate regarding vapes. Someone was talking about how addictive nicotine is, though it's the smoke which harms the body, so vaping is a less nasty way to be down for ciggies, if you've gotsta be. That said ... a lady stated that if you're too young when you start - if you're exposed to the addiction to nicotine too early, several parts of your brain will start to act like addict's and you'll be prone to other urges for substance later on.

Let's consider this for a moment. a) I've been exposed to cigarettes since ... ah, about 10 years before I was even conceived and then consistently until I was 30, by consistently meaning I was day in and day out surrounded to three or four or even more people who smoked a pack a day each. b) I am constantly obsessively in need of various escapisms. Buttons, books, chocolate, watercolors lately - I think about those all the time. I also yearn alcohol all the time and psychotropic medication that would deal with my overly active imagination and overly emotional responses to events. I resist them, but I yearn them all the time.

Hmmm .. could at all those two be connected, I wonder?

0 comments: