Thursday 24 January 2019

Can you get the flu and bacterial lung infection at the same time? Why, yes, yes you can.

Ok, so it's not the flu, it's more something like a threshold of pneumonia, but holy goat this shit hurts. I didn't know an adult in this day and age can get so awfully discomforted for no apparent reason. It's not like I fell in a frozen river. Okay, ye, I remember at least on one occasion I was moist from heavy lifting and then had to stand at the cashier's, which was in a draft from the outside parking lot. I figured, okay, sniffles, everyone's got sniffles in winter. But I can't barely make it up the stairs! I went to the doctor's and he looked at my throat and
    "I think I have the flu, doctor."
    "Uh. Oh. No, I'm afraid it's a little worse than that."

But at least it's bacterial. Viral you have to weather through, bacterial you can combat. There goes my pussy flora, but at least now I know not to fuck around with my mortality. I am not the racehorse I was when it was just me, being clever at home. Crikey, imagine getting this sick this fast outdoors on a hike. When you can't even move, let alone make a safe shelter. I can't stand long enough to make myself tea. When he was tapping my back, it felt like he was hitting me with a baseball bat. 

Scary, really. 

0 comments: