Friday 25 January 2019

Well, so my flu+pneumonia ordeal continues, day three. I am NOT feeling any better, my dear old blog, and we can add nosebleeds (from wiping), projectile vomiting of tea (due to coughing) and toothache (from insistent grinding) to the list of shitty discomforts. The energy it takes to get out of bed to pee - and then drink, because I am so parched my lips have dried and are peeling, my fever still running - is pretty much all of the energy I have. Immediately I return to bed and fall asleep again. The General has been wrapped like a bug in a sleeping bag on the couch. I am actually so tired that when he retired for the night yestereve, I was thinking: I hope he won't wish to talk, because I really can't carry a conversation right now. Then I remembered General never really talks and it was just me doing all the talking, telling him this story. (The couch is within earshot.) He had a nightmare about fighting with me, because I wanted to go outside to have a coffee date. Poor sod. He said the broken old couch is starting to grow on him and he's finding comfort in it, and then he amused himself by farting in the sleeping bag and we agreed that is probably not the best idea, since chances are he will inflate and I'll find him floating under the ceiling by morning. (We have high ceilings.) I hate the fact he's working a day shift right now. It's soooooo long without him and I have to make my own tea. He makes me food, but I haven't the heart to tell him I really have no appetite. Not to mention vomiting is a problem - I genuinely do not need to burn my throat with acid on top of phlegm, and the last time I threw up, that tea was full of medicine. I had to try and re-medicate myself once I calmed down and cleaned up the mess. It's a shitty, shitty, shitty season. Absolutely everything about me hurts, from my skin, joints, muscles, eyes, throat, stomach, chest, diaphragm, urinary works, even my fucking fingernails. Come on, you stupid bacteria. Pick your battles. 

0 comments: