Tuesday 29 January 2019

- one - week - later -

It's Tuesday, right? One week from when the symptoms first presented. They poked and prodded me today again, and I got the results, which were very good: all but the viruses has been fixed. Even the flu's subsided, now I just have some rogue rhinovirus catching the last train out.

This thoroughly answers my question on how come people only have one disease at a time - how do diseases know their turn to strike? I was always under the impression that humans carry plenty of ticking bombs within. Well, now I know.

There's a downside to being as healthy and resilient as I am. The way doctor suggested, I got pneumonia first, or a bad cold first, but that didn't manifest, and then I got another infection, possibly the bladder, UTI, which kind of lingered, but never developed, then I got my period and had the fight at work, which shook the immune system, and then that lady with the flu happened.

Once the flu hit, floodgates came down and BAM. EVERYTHING that's been ready to have a go, went. The only thing I didn't have was a common cold. I think I have that now. Or at least some mild laryngitis, that works more on the neck than the nose area. But the blood is fine. And lungs no longer feel like an accordion full of honey.

Course I now no longer have any real muscles - other than those from coughing - left and almost no stamina to speak of. I need new shows and to start doing small treks again. all over again, from the get-go.

Doctor said: You did good. You'll be fine in no time.
          I said: Ye, thanks to you and Dr. Flemming*. How would this work without penicillin?
Doctor said: It would ... take a little longer.



* I know it's not really Dr. Flemming who "discovered" penicillin, it was plenty of other people before him, publishing plenty of other studies, but they were not white or old or rich enough to matter. Doesn't matter now. I'm really glad they did. For a couple of days, whenever something new started to go wrong with me, I just thought: tough. Like I'll notice. 

0 comments: