Saturday 30 May 2020

I got an email from someone asking why am I not reviewing books if I signed up to review books - am I a) too busy living life? 

Have no idea when I signed up for that, but signing up to anything these days just takes 'Log in with Google?' and voila, you're signed. That said, well, yes. Yes, I am busy. We went to the shooting range yesterday and I shot some shit up and today I was supposed to fool around with the Dark Huntsman's expensive rifle, but didn't get around to it, I just got a chance to run around with his new dog. I shot a small-calibre handgun rather well. If the owner didn't say - aim a little below the dark circle, I wouldn't have put everything just below the dark circle. I still tilt my weapons, same as I do the camera and, because it's been something like a freaking decade, I don't know how to steady my weapons. I am used to lying down, using nothing for support but my own hands. Out here you are supposed to sit and the gun is supposed to rest on a bunch of sandbags or nifty little gun-stands. Fuck that :D

This afternoon we were supposed to spray the vineyards, with the sky packed with high clouds. We were debating it, knowing full well that if we a) don't spray, the sun will come out in a full blaze. If we b) spray, it will pour like a bitch before nightfall. The General proposed we just spray the smaller of the two and in a combined effort, we were done in under two hours. Then it rained a little, but only a little. 

0 comments: