Thursday 9 August 2012

I so like the TV show called The Newsroom. Certainly it has it's growing pains, but overall I love how they portray a news floor. It makes me LOL and COL (laugh and cry out loud) once per episode and the way Will does his on air mojo makes my fine hair stand on end. You can forgive a lot of USA propaganda bullshit if you look at it from another perspective. Oddly enough, also the least likable character, that of Don Keefer, has the deepest cutting scenes. In a scene this week he gets overwhelmed by the presence of an air pilot, a very handsome, calm and dignified man much like the ones of Flight 93, and tells him some very big, life-changing news even. Non-Americans probably wouldn't get it as much, because people like me, in a little land too boring to really be of interest to anyone, don't have to exist with an ugly shadow over us, but the scene was very well made. I haven't watched any other show for a month, because this one makes them all kind of stupid ...






0 comments: