Sunday 22 April 2018

:/

That bitchy bug that stung me four days ago, (it was the same species as the one who flew into my eye and I can only thank the Gods of eyeballs it failed to sting anything in or around the eye, because I fear the eyeball would have fallen out by now...) for the love of all that's buggy, has by now caused my leg to swell uncomfortably and I stink of vinegar, because only wearing vinegar-soaked bandages keeps the pain of all that extra volume out. It hurts annoyingly, like if I nicked it only a little, the whole leg would explode like an over-cooked hot dog, all that water or blood or whatever is making my leg cherubic, especially after I stand up. Couldn't sleep, because no position I tried would have me. Poor General, after yesterday's work at the vineyard, was so worn out he passed out naked on the bed at around seven and slept for 14 hours straight. He kept covering me, subconsciously, though it's already warm enough to sleep without blankies, and holding my head with one arm and my legs with his leg. I didn't have the heart to mention that, ow, ow, he's only adding pressure on the swelling...

0 comments: