Thursday 21 June 2018

The VVitch (2015)

Slowly, slooowly watching the VVitch. It's taking me a while, because I am too there and the part of Goose I'm going over is as bleak as fuck as well. This is a great movie, if you go in close enough. I've seen the end and I'm about a third in. Every so often I pause to watch reviews, interpretations and humorous comments on it. I know everything there is to know about the film - still i am scared shitless in broad daylight. Already hearing the line "Wouldst thou like to live .. deliciously?" simultaneously completely freaks me out and arouses me to the point of watching on with Geisha beads in place. Sick, I know. But that's the whole point. I am so nervous about any kind of mental illness (Littleness?) creeping close to me, to someone close to me, I should probably step back a bit, and turn my eye on simple matters in life, like Pokemon, and pancakes. How fucking awful it must have been for Thomasin to exist in a time and place as she did. No wonder she quite easily sold her soul for butter and lovely dresses - living deliciously, living at all.


0 comments: