Sunday 21 April 2019

Almost there, munchkin

Went through 300 + tubs of three different sizes in two days. I mean nights. Slept none. A little in the afternoon and only because G dragged me to bed. As soon as he was out, I went back to mulling. I freaking love this shit. I have so much material left, even though the pre-prepared gum arabic spoilt and I had to go back to using the powdered backup. My biceps' look great. 

Need more tubs and luckily they take a month to arrive, otherwise, I'd probably do something stupid like trip on a full tray of wet paint. You wouldn't think it, but that's just three tiny trays and I have SO many more ideas! I haven't even begun to experiment. Do have more greens than others combined, which is not shocking.  Only one of the paints is useless and only one turned out ugly. But you never know. I personally think white is ugly. Tastes wary. 

They will now take two or three weeks to properly dry - some lose 4/5 of their volume, and some just foam like cheese. (Had to re-mull and re-pour one of the yellows). Then we fill them again and then again. Then they should finally be ready, fickle little bastards. Adorable bastards. 

 






0 comments: