Wednesday 3 April 2019

This morning, while the able saw to the cow (who tends to prove a stubborn and resilient little beastling), I offed in another direction, exploring a dirt road I've never checked out before. It led me pass a very cool looking farm (through, actually) - cluster of houses, some as old as primordial, some brand modern and new, plenty of kids' toys lying around, so there must be plenty of young people keeping it ... then down a valley through the morning mist and up again through a small forest. I saw a young deer, cocky and curious, who simply didn't find me all that threatening and continued to graze on the blueberry shoots despite the fact I stood rather close and observed it. Later I came out at a village football field and three female deer played there and again, they stopped, stared, I stopped, stared, and they gradually decided to walk past me, back into the woods. Not much survival instinct in these pregnant hussies - I could have hit them with a stone if I so desired, let alone a rifle. Their coats are still dark grey and their bums snow white. Fuzzy silly little creatures.

Further up I passed a tractor workshop and climbed the hill with a familiar church to veer back home. I hate all religions for their crimes against intelligence and humanity, but I gotsta admit they make for wonderful landmarks. Even while I was making my way through the woods I could tell where I was for the sound of their bells ringing in the distance. 

I was going to draw a zombie teddy bear, but I googled 'zombie teddy bear' and found I am way f* behind my time ... and level of f*-upness. Respect! I want one!!


Am gonna watch Glass now, the endings as they are, and is it just me or did James McAvoy go from scrawny Mr. Tumnus to The Beast in a remarkably edible way? Dayuum. Boy got thick.


0 comments: