Sunday 14 April 2019

Was listening to some Reddit/Youtube habits hard to shake after you come out of prison... Stuff like: I still can't shower longer than 5 minutes. I eat in two minutes. You never trust people who are nice to you, because in prison that meant they have a hidden motive ...

Makes you wonder what freaking place I grew up in?! Who the fuck showers longer than one minute?! I eat really fast because my mum never ate more than one leaf of lettuce and then lit a cigarette and if I didn't want to inhale smoke with food, I had to eat fast. When we had five minutes to eat in the army, I had nothing to do for 3.5. 

And I never trust people anyway. I think empathy is an inherent plot to appear worthy of social inclusion on an intuitive level. I.E. if people think you're nice, someday maybe somebody will help you when you're drowning. If they have time and are willing to get their shoes wet. 

0 comments: