Sunday 8 March 2020

Bees are just too smart

I've said it a thousand times that bees are freakishly intelligent, haven't I?
They are scary smart. things that small are not supposed to be that smart.

I was phone-filming G today, as we were looking for the condition of brood in the hives. As is often the case, the closer you get to the queen, the harder guards circle you. Thing is, in my outfit, I have a tear in my glove, just by the thumb. now get this. I cannot tell you how or how the fuck, but one of the guards found the tear and no matter how much I bent my thumb to make it closed, the guard continued to tap the tangled fabric with its bum. Not with the stinger, just the bum. I knew exactly what it was doing - it was marking it with the signal hormone. I panicked and took the glove off, tossing it aside and just pulled my sleeve over the hand.

Picking the glove up later, once we were done, there were bee stingers in that exact spot. the tiny fuckers attacked the marked glove at the tear.

It is not even funny. They ignore pockets, shoelaces, zippers, even the rim of the jacket or the air vent lace, but they will go for the face and they will look for the tears. The General once had his zipper improperly closed. He was lucky to only get hit in the thigh, not the jolly. 

Like, how can they even tell the difference between properly and improperly tied shoelaces??

0 comments: