Friday 24 July 2020

Do NOT have the museum stamina I had at my younger age and I managed to walk into the wrong one today (in my defense, they are on the same floor and the girl at the desk pointed me on the wrong side.) Not that I am complaining. It just took a little bit of brain re-adjustment on the spot :D The plan was to go to the Nature history museum, but of the two National Museums, the National history is also in the building. So I walked through humanity's ages first, the Stone age and the metal ages, through old swords and ornate clasps and occasional skeleton from a prominent discovery. The dead freak me out a little and I am not reading the right book for that unease (I like it so much I bought my own copy online in the meanwhile, so that when I get home it'll be an uninterrupted read :D ), no matter how pretty the jewelry on the warrior's bones.
         Later, when I got to the Roman and medieval periods, my attention plummeted, as those are not subject I would care much about these days. I've seen too many 'modern' artifacts, their elaborate glass vases and combs and armors and pottery. The stone age and the early iron age were a lot more fascinating, many of the studies being fairly recent - the discoveries only a few decades old and still coming in.
         The Natural history were collections of prominent noblemen and clergymen, fossils, skeletons of animals and stuffed dioramas, some interactive experience, fish and birds and rocks and old books about them. I have to go there again, possibly with G, because it was wonderful. Small, but just crowded enough. I mean by displays, not people. I only met four other people in the three hours I've been there.
         Lastly, not planning on it, I went to see the exhibition regarding ironworks and modern metallurgy. It was interesting, I was just tired and not focused anymore. The air in those places is problematic. It's warm and moist and stuffy. It can get nauseating after a while. There was such a desire for a cabbage salad once I was rolling home (meaning I was dehydrated), I ate it almost along the way :D Then I passed out and slept for three hours, until it started to rain and got cooler. Last day. I may rape G on the stairway when I run down to meet him tomorrow evening. :P

0 comments: