Wednesday 1 July 2020

Today was too hot for a bike, but it was too beautiful an opportunity to miss

The boys offed early morning to fix the ladders on some of the watch posts, and I hopped on a bike earlier still, riding up and down tiny valleys in hopes of running into them. (No signal, so no shared locations.) I did find them eventually, thanks to the Huntsman's car which you can spot from a space station. They moved around a bit, I followed them a little, then we went separate ways as it was nearing noon and the sun was starting to no-joke. The ride back was .... fuck I was tired. Okay, so I am not in a long-range shape and it WAS hot, but luckily the road is always going to the river one way or another, so it is always an invisible decline I was able to slide, even though I had to pause twice, in a thick chase, to "check on my social media" - biker's equivalent of the runner's tying their shoes.

My next destination is the castle ruin we visited a few weeks ago, so I can look for some old pottery shards. I should probably start a lot earlier, though. It's twice the length. Hm... 

0 comments: