Tuesday 21 July 2020

Mini panic attack? ... naaaawh.

That was a bit of an odd moment today: I headed out to return some of the professor's books to the library and I was doing fine, had plans to go to a Natural museum and everything ... Passed some cute bookstores, found an interesting monument, mailed G's daily postcard - what I've done a hundred times before. But after coming out of the library, I just wasn't feeling it. I found myself looking down, someone said something to me (not sure what, I had my music in), I felt like I was being stared at, like I had a smoothie spilled down my lap or something. It felt wrong. It felt like I didn't want to be feeling. Hot and foreign and uncomfortable. (I really hope this isn't how G feels when I make him visit new cities.)
     First I checked my phone for weather numbers, if perhaps it was the heat, but no, it said 22 Celsius. I don't get nauseated until at least 30.
     I just knew I wanted to go back 'home', cold-shower, drink some chill Coke, eat some ice-cream, read and write. I promised not to spend any money on books, but that was a porous promise, of course I always buy books :D I bought a thin, humorous one with notes from G's old professor from penal studies, and I fiction translation from a German author Walter Moers. I think I either have one of his books at home or really should, as it sounds right up my alley.

     As it turns out, it was 30'Celsius. My phone was being kind. It was the heat. No need for an anxiety alert. I wasn't being panicky, I was just overheating. (Courtesy of a heat stroke from ages ago.)
    Supposedly the Ethno museum is free from 6 to 9 pm. I'll go check then, and Natural m.tomorrow, when it rains.

0 comments: