Friday 3 September 2010

Today's two O.o happenstances....

First day of doggy school. We were happy nervous when we drove, the six of us, but once there (General cleverly bailed out and took my spot by the stands photographing, on account of still being sick..), I felt like I was about to run and hide. I haven't been this exposed, tiny and supposed to be obedient since I've joined the army ten years back. My instinct to argue, fight, explain, voice my feelings and blatantly disagree, have been put down like dead balloons by the scary teacher lady. She would say such totally reasonable things, such us: "This dog will never be a hunter, until she is forced to focus on what you want her to focus on; obey what you tell her and not pay attention to everything except your authority. As soon as you begin to obey the rules, she will follow your example, but understanding authority is the first, foremost and cardinal rule and key to having an intelligent and loyal animal...."
            The duck?!....
            We were by no means bad at the lessons, quite good actually, but nowhere near good enough to prove she belongs to this class (They wanted her in the youngest one, but i argued she already knows all that).. I was so afraid the teacher woman will say she's too young to concentrate... In the end I was SO tired, so in need to run and hide behind the General, or a big tree, I was willing to do everything Lyra was supposed to do, just to be praised. When the woman explained tasks, I physically did them instead of the dog, without even realizing. I mean, man?!

...

The second was an hour after when we got home and I begged the General to go have coffee with me across the street, to cool down. (He was scared, too, he just won't admit it, but I'd like to see him come Tuesday, when it's his turn.)
          The other day he expressed an interest in photography, so, thrilled I have a chance to talk to him about something I'm deeply keen on, I tried to explain the relations between the shutter speed, aperture, lenses, camera bodies, etc.... And as eager as I was, I managed to say, after every three minutes: "No, wait. no, hang on, actually, it's exactly the other way around. Let me.. Okay, no, forget what i just said, I need to tell you this from another point of view..."
            After half an hour, when my coffee's gone cold and his cake melted, he was looking at me like this:

 
We did try some fancy pastry, though. Bit heavy on the walnut side, but kind of redeeming of my opinion of the place.

Have to go to Velenje's new hot spot called Lucifer - they are getting quite famous and these were the chocolates i bought that they produced, to sample (though here they look a bit battered already, because I had them in the bag while manhandling the dog down the street :D (or the otherway around :p) 


1 comments:

DORIMU - ROČNO IZDELANE PUNČKE IN FOTOZGODBE said...

ne reči, da so tele praline doma narejene...