Friday 29 December 2017

And today I got a pink champagne. It's not a bad thing, it's a rosé bubbly, actually a superb piece of celebratory drink. I just have no idea why lately everyone's been giving me pink drinks :D

The cute bit is my younger nephew saw somewhere the actions and ceremony of a sommelier and he's been putting on a show, bullshit tasting various drinks around the table. It feels funny knowing my parents were quite strict about having an attitude towards wine and winemaking, so I am quit a lot better educated on the subject of wines, tastes, scents, spices and glasses than you would think, considering I never drink. I am beginning to agree there is something elegant and calm about knowing wine. Even if it's just for polite conversation ... and spotting bullshitters.

Namely, if you hear someone being too smart about the glass in which certain colour of wine is being served, just ask them - how about rosé then? :D











0 comments: