Saturday 16 December 2017

This is such adorable shit! I love it!

I'm always nervous going in to watch super hyped up, famous movies I'm genuinely hoping will power me up. I went in to watch Dr. Strange or Wonder Woman hyped and assured it's great and it was depressingly bad - two good scenes and a cartoon for 13 year old boys the rest, with a snobbish, violent, tunnel-visioned lead on both occasions. 
Never saw Rogue One for this exact reason. People say it's good, fine. I choose to keep myself in the dark on that one. 
But this shit I LOVE. I LOVE it. Even after the first two minutes, when I'm thinking 'ugh, this is a little too slapstick forced comedy' for my taste, or after two hours, when the General is restless in his seat, bored and tired of it all and wants to go home... I'm all like: Holy fuck - have you ever seen anything as beautiful as that ship getting cut in two?!!
The nerd in me climaxes: They even turned that fucking sound off! Perfection ...

Spoilers, or not - I really thought those two idiots were siblings. There is so much un-erotic tension in these films, it's impossible to know until the very end, and we are not at the end yet, not for another two years - who ends up having kids with whom? I thought the two crazy kids are sibling; I still think Dameron and Finn are a gay couple, and everyone else is just good, fraternal-like friends in the middle of a storm. Some things underwhelm, for sure, but then you see Adam Driver without his shirt on or Luke Skywalker be Luke Skywalker and all is forgiven. That Driver boy has more acting ability in his chin than most people have in their entire faces. 

Okay, I need to process all this and then watch it again once or twice. I think my favorite part is they didn't go all-crazy for costumes and wigs as they tend to, even though the private guard of the big evil old guy is neat. They went instead into making the salt planet look all Crimson Peak, and paid some rip-off damages to the makers of Battlestar Galactica

I still think those two are siblings. No way they'll ever end up having angry sex.



0 comments: